It’s slated to be the biggest shopping festival of Melbourne. Iconic Melbourne shopping destinations—Emporium Melbourne, Melbourne’s GPO, Melbourne Central, QV Melbourne, The Strand Melbourne and recently opened St Collins Lane—are joining forces on Wednesday 18 May from 10am to 10pm to offer shoppers the biggest Shop The City event ever.
Over 1,000retail stores across four city blocks will unite to provide shoppers with one-off bespoke experience events and exclusive discounts on a wide selection of local and international brands. This event positions the Melbourne CBD as the most exciting retail destination in Australia.
Here are some of the HERO activities that will sure get you going on 18 May 2016:
- Open Cocktail Bar – 2pm to 4pm & 6.30pm to 9.30pm
Sign up and become a VIP to receive a complimentary cocktail courtesy of Artisan Handcrafted during afternoon and evening sessions.
- In Conversation with Jenny Kee and Linda Jackson – 5pm to 6pm
Join renowned Australian fashion designers, Jenny Kee and Linda Jackson, in conversation with Paola Di Trocchio, Curator of Fashion and Textiles, NGV. Purchase a ticket for $10.
- For more information or to become a member, please visit: EmporiumMelbourne.com.au
- Polaroid Street Style – LEVEL 1 & 2, 10AM–10PM
The Polaroid Australia teamwill be snapping all the best street style looks. Strike a pose keep your pic, and go into the draw to win some flashbulb freebies. Don’t forget to share your shot on Instagram: #MelbourneCentral #ShopTheCity
- Le Bar du Centrale – LEVEL 2, LINK BRIDGE, 12PM – 10PM
Le Bar du Centrale is teaming up with the delightfully curious Hendricks Gin to create a quirky pop-up and hypnotic selection of gin cocktails at Shop The City – perfect to add a little juniper jump to your day.
- For more information, please visit: melbournecentral.com.au/shopthecity
- FREE Milkcow Pop-up – the steps of Melbourne’s GPO from 6 – 9pm
- Korean brand Milkcow are known for their organic soft serve topped with sweet treats. GPO want you to see what all the fuss is about so they’re popping up on the steps of Melbourne’s GPO from 6 – 9pm on Wednesday 18 May for Shop the City. Have a taste of their limited edition flavour on GPO, and then have seconds at their store at The Strand Melbourne – a hop, skip and a jump away, just down Driver Lane.
- For more information, please visit: melbournesgpo.com/
- FREE undercover parking – from 5pm till midnight!
Start your shop at QV with FREE undercover parking from 5pm till midnight! Offer valid for the Shop the City event only (18 May 2016)
- Melbourne Martini Laneway Launch – Albert Coates Lane – 5pm to 10pm.
Join us for a laneway party with live music and giveaways, to toast the launch of ‘ Melbourne Martini’ – Melbourne’s hottest new espresso martini in a jar. The first 300 customers to register at qv.com.au will receive a complimentary expresso martini! Registrations open Monday, 9 May.
- For more information, please visit: qv.com.au/shopthecity
St Collins Lane
- Experience Australia’s latest luxury retail mall
- With its upcoming grand opening on 12th May 2016, the “Shop The City” day will be the perfect time to see this Melbourne’s newest luxury shopping destination in person. On the top floor of St. Collins Lane sits The Aviary, a collection of restaurants off?ering a unique Melbourne dining experience. During the later hours of the night access is granted via the lift on Dame Edna Lane or Novotel.
- For more information, please visit: stcollinslane.com/
The Strand Melbourne
- FREE Fashion & Beauty Q&A – from 6.30pm
- Join us for an evening with some of Melbourne’s key beauty, fashion and business influencers as part of ‘Shop The City’ at The Strand Melbourne.
Hosted by celebrity make-up artist and stylist, Tre Dallas, guest speakers Annie Abbott (founder of Habbot shoes) and Bridget Culliney (founder of Brow Theory) will discuss fashion and beauty trends for Autumn/Winter 2016 in an intimate and live Q&A event.
- For more information, please visit: thestrandmelbourne.com.au